This is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a very picturesque route through Carpathian Mountains allowing you to discover two of the most beautiful Romanian castles.
|DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION||Timpuri Noi Subway|
|DEPARTURE TIME||arriving at 07:45 with starting at 08:00|
|DURATION||around 12 hours|
|PASSENGERS FEES||for childs between 0 – 2 years (not fulfilled) – free|
for childs between 2 – 12 years (not fulfilled) – 45 euro per child
for adults – 78 euro per adult
|PRICE NOT INCLUDE|
- This is a small group tour and we never take more than 50 peoples.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter season – from Sep 15 to May 15 – and on Mondays during the summer season – from May 15 to Sep 15. During these days Rasnov citadel will be visited instead. Rasnov castle is considered to be the best preserved medieval fortress in our country being built by the peasants.
- Between 1 November and 1 December every year, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit his smaller replica – Pelisor Castle.
- During the official holidays and weekends, the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 – 10 pm).
- Royal Trip Agency, as the company which organizes the trip, is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.
Itinerary Two Castles in One day
Bucharest – Sinaia: Visit Peles Royal Castle in Sinaia – General Exhibition standard tour 1 hour (on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter season you will visit Rasnov Citadel in Rasnov)
Sinaia – Bran: Visit Bran Castle (also known as Dracula’s Castle)
Bran – Brasov: Walking tour of Brasov downtown
Brasov – Bucharest
» In the morning, you will meet the tourist guide and the rest of the group, in front of the meeting point (at Timpuri Noi Subway Station, the exact location here).
» At 8:00 we left Bucharest and we went to Transylvania.
» First stop at the Sinaia Mountain Resort, considered the „Pearl of the Carpathians”, and visit the Sinaia Castle, known as the Peles Castle. Between 1873 and 1914 the monument was the summer residence of the Romanian royal family and is the most visited museum in Romania. You will visit the ground floor exhibition and you will see Hall of Fame, armaments room, music room, the Library, the King’s office and many others. At the end of the visit, enjoy some free time in the gardens of the castle and admire the beautiful mountain scenery that surrounds this place.
» Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle. Dating from the 14th century, it has has been serving for ages as a military fortress controlling the entry route to Transylvania and it is nowadays frequently associated with Dracula’s myth.
» Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Brasov, a typical medieval city. Known as Kronstadt, under its German name, the city was founded in the 13th century by the Saxon community and developed as a trade settlement at the crossroads between Orient and Occident. You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
» During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov and the last one will be in Bran.