There is an Egyptian motto that goes like this: “Man fears time, but time fears the pyramids”. I think that in our case, we could easily say that “Man fears time, but time fears good legends,” Dracula’s legend being one of them and as Oscar Wilde said, it is probably the most beautiful novel of all time. Join us and find out the real story of Dracula in this only one day journey.
|DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION||Timpuri Noi Subway|
|DEPARTURE TIME||arriving at 07:45 with starting at 08:00|
|DURATION||around 11 hours|
|PASSENGERS FEES||for childs between 0 – 2 years (not fulfilled) – free|
for childs between 2 – 12 years (not fulfilled) – 39 euro per child
for adults – 79 euro per adult
|PRICE NOT INCLUDE|
- For group discounts please give us a call or an email in advance in order to receive the code discount, through phone or email address found in the contact page.
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7. We strongly recommend to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case;
- Those who cannot climb the steps to reach Poienari Fortress, can wait for the group at the base of the hill.
- Please note that the time table is subject to change due to heavy city traffic and road works.
- Royal Trip Agency, as the company which organizes the trip, is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.
Itinerary The Real Dracula Tour
» The Real Dracula Tour is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Targoviste, Poienari Citadel and Curtea de Arges. The reason we call it “the real” Dracula is because we will visit the real places in Romania that have a connection with Vlad the Impaler – “the real” Dracula.
» The first stop will be in Targoviste, the former capital of Wallachia under Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) to visit the former Princely Court and Chindia Tower, nowadays a symbol of the city.
» Then, we go to Curtea de Arges to visit one of the most beautiful monasteries in South Romania. Beyond the impressive and unique architectural style, the monastery boasts an interesting legend about the builder of the church and all he had to do so he could, eventually, finish the work.
» Poenari Citadel is the next visit for which you will have to climb 1480 steps for about 20-30 minutes on a trek of aprox 1 km. Prepare to admire a remarkable scenery over the mountains and the hear the tumultuous story of Vlad the Impaler, one of the most intriguing figures in our history.
» Before getting back to Bucharest, you will stop at Vidraru Lake, an important construction from the communist period, placed next to the famous Transfagarasan Road, named by Top Gear as “the most beautiful road in the world”.
» The tour ends after returning to Bucharest.